Strong is the new beautiful! Build your strength and be able to hold a plank for a total of 5 minutes!
Woah, you must think I am insane for even suggesting this. I have done it before and it’s definitely possible. Next month I will be working towards completing this challenge once again. Take on the challenge with me!
Here is the breakdown of the 5 Minute Plank Challenge:
- Monday: 30 seconds
- Tuesday: 35 seconds
- Wednesday: 40 seconds
- Thursday: 50 seconds
- Friday: 60 seconds
- Monday: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Tuesday: 1 minute 40 seconds
- Wednesday: 1 minute 50 seconds
- Thursday: 2 minutes
- Friday: 2 minutes 10 seconds
- Monday: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Tuesday: 2 minutes 50 seconds
- Wednesday: 3 minutes
- Thursday: 3 minutes 20 seconds
- Friday: 3 minutes 50 seconds
- Monday: 4 minutes
- Tuesday: 4 minutes 20 seconds
- Wednesday: 4 minutes 30 seconds
- Thursday: 4 minutes 50 seconds
- Friday: 5 minutes!!!!!
You may move at a slower or faster pace than the schedule above. Any pace is a good pace as long as your working on building your strength! Right now, starting out, I have no issue doing a plank for 60 seconds. I may do just 60 second planks my first week and then accelerate from there. If this is your first time building those ab muscles doing planks, I would definitely try sticking to the schedule to start.
Good luck, you can do it! Share this challenge and let me know how you did! Make sure to use hashtag #plankchallengeML on social media to highlight your progress.