If you haven’t noticed everyone- it’s fall! It’s my favorite time of the year and pumpkins are in season! This recipe was shared with me by Dr. Sears and I absolutely love it and thought you would too.
This recipe is not only yummy, it’s also packed with tons of nutrients. You can try them plain, or try them with the add ons.
Sticky Pumpkin Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flower (brown rice flour for gluten free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (2 for extra flavor)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup thawed concentrated orange juice (do not dilute)
- 1/2 cup of 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp stevia (conversion 1 tsp stevia = 1 cup sugar)
- 2 TBSP honey or agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (make sure it’s pure pumpkin)
Optional: Dried cranberries, raisons, nuts, coconut, or 1/2 cup grated carrots and zucchini.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Add dry mixture into the wet mixture. Include any add-ins that you desire. Fill greased muffin tins three-quarters full and bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool completely.